Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Hanging Out With Yoga Bear

This weekend I will be sleeping on the ground.  Ok, in a tent, with a blow-up mattress benath me.  The point is: I'm going camping!  Vinny and I are going to Grand Isles, Vermont with 4 wonderful friends- a good ol' couples retreat.  I haven't been camping in about two years, and am very excited about sleeping outside, taking long walks, smelling of bug spray, sitting by a fire, and eating s'mores.  Mother Nature is not exactly on our side when promising sun, but I won't let that get me down.  A little bit of clouds and a little sprinkle of rain won't tarnish my wildlife adventure.

I am closing the cell phone, leaving the laptop at home, and letting myself become at one with the outdoors.  Camping just fills my heart and soul with positive energy.  There is something about spending your days with friends, sitting on folding chairs and being surrounded by trees, birds, bugs (ok not a fan of bugs but I can handle it) and a whole lot of fresh air.  We are going to pig out on veggie dogs and burgers, roast some marshmallows, and eat a ton of s'mores- what?  I already mentioned s'mores?  That's right, I love them!  I might even find my own little spot early in the morning to sit in Easy Pose and fill my asthmatic lungs with untainted air that smells of pine.  I want to relax and listen to all the subtle sounds nature has to offer me.  It will be such a therapetuic weekend- I know I will come back with the similar feeling of having just completed an amazing yoga session (just slightly dirtier and smellier).  I will definitely post some pictures when I return.  In the meantime, enjoy your own personal yoga practice outdoors and let yourself feel revitalized.  Ahh I can already feel my heart's own personal campire lighting up.

If I meet a bear, let's hope it's Yogi.  Zingggg!

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment