Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hump Day Happies: Make Life's Tune An Instrument Of Hope And Love

Before I really begin, I would like to give you all a head's up that today's Hump Day Happy has unfortunately spawn from an unfortunate incident.  But through it, one thing to do is to try and smile to help those touched get through it.

Yesterday I stumbled upon a quote that instantly struck me: "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."

Isn't that nice?  It could not have found its way onto my screen at a better time.  Yesterday evening, I was told some saddening news.  Two people passed away.  They were young, slightly older than me.  Their candle burnt out way too early.  Now, one of them I did not know at all, and the other I knew very little.  He was a good friend of two of my own friends.  Yes, I had met him a few times in the past, but I can't say that we really knew each other.  But to know that my two friends have lost someone who was a big chapter in their own book they call their lives, makes my heart break a little for these two, because I do love them.

So of course, this little quote illuminated something inside of me that I continuously remind myself to practice: living your life to its fullest.  Don't be afraid of doing something because you're worried that people will poke fun at you.  Don't stop yourself from doing something because you are lacking the confidence to do so.  Don't stop yourself half-way through something because you don't think you're strong enough to finish.  On this Hump Day, remember how awe-inspiring it is to be here, and to be able to use this gift we call life as gratefully as we can.  And, above all, tell those you love exactly that: that you love them.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

*To all those who have been affected by this sad loss, my heart sincerely goes out to you. 

1 comment:

  1. Nat!
    Thank you so much. Your kind and strong words have made my hump day a little brighter.
    xxx
    Van

    ReplyDelete