Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hump Day Happies: The Revitalizing Refrigerator

I took a good look at my fridge today and realized something: it makes me happy.  Yes, because it is filled with mouth-watering and tantalizing components of every food group (except meat but we supplement that), but also because of its outside shell.  It is adorned with a collection of things that are a big help in lifting my spirits if ever I am feeling down in the dumps.  It is an old, grisly fridge bought second hand, but by golly it sure has served us well.  Ladies and gentlemen, introducing to you my fridge.


The hand-drawn picture is of my kitty, Roxanne, done by my beautiful niece
Miranda Panda.  She is going to be a talented artist, just like her mom.

Miranda's school picture taken a couple of years ago where she very politely told the photographer "I don't feel like smiling."  Well, she may not have wanted to then, but she is all smiles now, and this picture sure does crack a smile on my face.

There is also a picture of Miranda and her brother, my sweet nephew Callum.  They absolutely love swimming, and if Vinny is in the pool with them, they will climb all over him.

A small collection of fortunes from cookies Vinny and I got at one of our favourite Chinese restaurants. There were way more, but Roxanne loves to play with those tiny magnets, and as a result we have lost many of them under the fridge.

The autograph is Guy Carbonneau's, the Habs' former coach.  I met him at a film premiere a few years ago and couldn't help myself- I wanted to brag to my daddy!  Kind of funny to have a Toronto magnet there, but hey, I was all outta magnets.

This little sleeping cutie pie is my youngest nephew, William.  This picture was sent to us after he was born.

The adorable kitty you see is not Roxanne, but one of my oldest and dearest friends, Dixie.  She passed away last September, and it was very difficult as she was my best friend for 14 years.  Every day I kiss my finger and touch the tip of her face on the picture, saying "Good morning, Dixie!" or "Goodnight, Dixie!"

I used to love SpongeBob when I was young.  Okay, when I was like 19 years old.  My wonderful friend Miss Laura bought me this magnet when she went away on vacation- naturally, it reminded her of me.

My cousin, Isa, all dolled up for her high school graduation.  Can you believe that she, along with her mom, made this dress themselves?  She's currently studying fashion design, and I have no doubt that some day soon I'll be wearing an Isa original.

I've always been a John Lennon fan.  These postcards are tiny reminders that the best way to achieve love and kindness is through peace (said the Dalai Lama).

I love cats, and I love yoga.  My friend Ari got me this card, and it has been on my fridge door ever since.  Look at his angry face- it just cracks me up.

Courtesy of our Vinny and I's friend, Jay.  I promised him I'd keep it.

Having all these things on my fridge act as constant reminders to be happy.  It is such a practical way to display these things without having them take up too much room in your house.  Vinny and I are giving our fridge to one of his friends before we move into the house- I hope he uses it as his own canvas.  So on this Hump Day, put something that makes you smile on your fridge, if you haven't already done so.  You will pass by it everyday and be reminded that life is full of simple little pleasures.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad my angry cat makes u laugh :) I'll miss seeing ya everyday!

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking fridge, all-in-all...

    ReplyDelete